This has always been one of my favorite dishes. My Grandma made it, my Mom made it and now I am sharing it with my kids!
What you need:
- .1-2lbs Round Steak or Sirloin sliced very thin (I used a presliced Stir Fry beef from our local meet dept)
- 3/4 cup flour (I used Gluten Free Pantry All Purpose Flour)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 3-4 cups Beef Broth
- 1 cup white wine (a White Zin or Chardonnay works best- I used Sutter Home White Zin)
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic (I prefer fresh minced garlic but you can use 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 2 16oz containers of Sour Cream
In a bowl combine flour,salt, pepper, paprika. Add in the slice beef and coat well. Shake off excess flour and fry meat until slightly browned. Place just the meat (reserve oil and drippings for later) in a crock pot and cook on high for 1 hr.
Turn crock pot to low, add in beef broth (enough to cover the meat). Stir in garlic and onion powder (if using) and 2 additional tablespoons of Paprika (to be honest this can be estimated- use more or less to your liking).
Warm up frying pan with drippings from cooking the meat @ a medium high. Add in wine and cook for about 1-2 minutes- add into the crock pot.
|I let this sit all afternoon to really get the flavor and the meat tender|
At dinner time turn crock pot back to high and bring to a slight bubble. Slowly add in sour cream stirring slowly to assure everything is mixed well. At this point you can add in cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
Serve with noodles or rice. You can also saute some mushrooms with wine and serve on top as well.