I received this recipe in the Roberts Dairy newsletter. I changed up a few things because well- the amount of meat just did not seem like enough and the kids and I don’t do green chiles. You can find the original recipe here. Below is how I made it
What you need:
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz plain yogurt
- 1 batch of my condensed cream of chicken soup (equals 1 can – 10.75oz)
- 5 tortilla shells (I used LaTortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Wraps)
- Shredded cheese (i used colby jack- a taco cheese may be better)
Preheat oven at 350 and grease a 9X13 baking dish
Cook and shred the chicken breast and then mix in one packet of taco seasoning (i used 1/2 cup of water to help mix it with the chicken).
In a bowl mix condensed cream of chicken soup with yogurt and sour cream.
Spoon 3 tbsp of the cream mixture down the center of each tortilla, top with chicken and then with some shredded cheese (I estimate on how much cheese I used).
Roll up and place in baking dish seam side down. Spoon remaining cream mixture on top of the tortillas. Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle the top of the enchiladas with cheese and bake uncovered for about 5 more minutes (until cheese is melted).
Top with lettuce, diced tomatoes or salsa