This is a real easy recipe to make. You can use Chicken or turkey (perfect for that left over thanksgiving turkey!). I will post it with the chicken. My kids love this dish and will ask for 3rds (which I of course will not let them have lol). This can be made as a regular recipe as well.
What you will need:
- 9 inch pie crust (I used Gluten Free Pantry Perfect Pie Crust mix from Glutino)
- 2 boneless and skin less chicken breast
- a double batch of Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (if using a wheat crust you can use 1 10.75 oz can of campbells condensed cream of chicken soup)
- half a bag of frozen mixed veggies (I used a package that had peas, carrots, beans and corn)
- Shredded cheese (I used colby jack but plain chedder will work as well)
Preheat oven to 375
First cut up the chicken into bite size pieces and cook in a skillet until done. While that is cooking start you batch of Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup in a seperate pot.
Once done mix Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, the chicken and the veggies in a bowl.
Roll out the pie crust if not done so already. And lay one into a pie pan. Fill with chicken mixture and top with cheese (use as much or little as you would like)
Top with the remaining pie crust and cut slits into the top. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until crust is slightly brown and filling is bubbling.