One of the recipes I tried from from the cookbook Gluten Free Made Simple was their Spaghetti and Meatballs. The only thing I did differently was I made my Spaghetti Sauce instead of the recipe they had paired up with the Meatballs. This was a real easy recipe to make and to be honest the meatballs tasted wonderful the next day with BBQ sauce on them!
Here is what you need for the meatball part:
- 1 cup Rice Chex
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup instant white rice ( i omitted this because I did not have it)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Crush the Rice Chex by placing cereal in a plastic bag and press with a rolling pin
- In a lg mixing bowl, mix together ground beef, eggs, onions and oregano
- Add uncooked rice, salt and pepper and cereal and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350. Form meat mixture into 1 1/2 inch meatballs. Place in a shallow baking pan, leaving about 1 inch between the meatballs. Bake for 30 minutes.
I think I made mine to small. I was able to get 40 meatballs and the recipe says to make 16 lol. But they still tasted great. For the garlic bread I used some of Kinnikinnick new Soft Bread hot dog buns (spread with butter, sprinkle with garlic powder and top with a 5 cheese blend or mozz cheese and bake till cheese is melted).