Waffles have quickly become a favorite in our home now. We love them and if my kids had it their way we would have waffles every day.
Here is a really quick and easy waffle recipe. I will make this when I do not have any Sugar & Spice mix on hand. You can easily add some fruit to make these a special treat. Note: this is not my own recipe. This is a recipe I found across the web by numerous people:
What you need:
- 2 cups all purpose flour (this can be regular flour, to make GF I used Gluten Free Pantry All purpose flour)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat your waffle maker (I use a Chef’s Choice Classic WafflePro and preheat it to 4).
- mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the melted butter and the eggs. Add the milk slowly- the batter should be thick but still pourable- you may add more milk if needed. At this point if you want you can add 1/4-1/5 cup of fruit such as blueberries to the mix).
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into each side of waffle maker. Close and cook for 3-5 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from waffle maker and place on a cooling rack for about 30 seconds. Serve warm with your choice of toppings!