Over the course of the month I have been posting little snip its of our trip to Kansas City. We were able to go spend a weekend there during the first weekend and it was amazing! However our trip could not be possible with out VisitKC.
Through their website we were able to find things that our family would enjoy. They also planned somethings that we would of never thought about going to with our kids!
The site is very easy to navigate. They have tabs for “Things to Do”, “Places to Stay” and “Where to Eat” up at the top. When you click into one (like above) they have a search bar where you can narrow down what exactly you are looking for.
When planning your trip I highly recommend checking out their Deals & Special Offers area. Here you can find hotel deals, 2 for 1 specials and much more! They even have a section for Free Things to Do, and who doesn’t love free!
We really enjoyed our trip to Kansas City. It is such a great family friendly place to visit. There is so much there other then what we did. I wish I could show it all to you. But if you are considering these are the things we did and that I recommend:
- T Rex Cafe: Dinosaurs come to life in this restaurant. The meal was wonderful and huge! The kids got to go on a scavenger
- Fritz’s Railroad Restaurant: an old fashion diner in a sense! Have a train bring your meals to you. Get a burger for less then $3! Lots of fun for everyone!
- Great Wolf Lodge: A resort for the kids! An indoor waterpark, arcade, a scavenger hunt that they can do, story time and so much more! Enjoy a meal from their cafe or get some treats from their bakery (bakery is not GFree but their restaurant has Gluten Free options!)
- Sheraton: class and style at an affordable price! Not to mention amazing views! Walking distance to restaurants, shopping and a ton of great attractions!
Things to Do:
- Royals Baseball: Family fun for everyone! They also have gluten free options at their concessions!
- Union Station: Traveling Exhibits: King Tut until Sept 2014: A beautiful historic building still bringing trains to KC! Traveling exhibits such as King Tut. The King Tut exhibit is memorizing for the kids and completely wonderful to go through!
- LegoLand: See KC in the form of legos! They have a few rides and some piles of Lego’s to build with!
- SEALife Aquarium: Take your kids under the sea to see the life there! Touch tanks, facts through out and a fun “quiz” that they can earn a medal for completing!
- Kansas City Zoo: A beautiful park full of tree lined pathways and animals galore! Take a boat around Africa or a tram around the whole zoo. But watch out! You never know when a Kangaroo will cross your path!
I would personally like to thank the staff at VisitKC for hosting our family during the weekend. Their recommendations and their assistance was above and beyond! Our family had a memorable trip thanks to them. My kids are still talk about the things we did and it has been almost a month since visiting! Going to Kansas City is a perfect weekend getaway!
You can check them out through the following links:
~As mentioned in all posts I received free admissions to the attractions and either discounted or fully compensated stays at the hotels. The restaurants listed under here I received no compensation for what so ever. I just wanted to give credit where it was due in regards to great food and great service! Part of this trip was hosted by the VisitKC visitor bureau!~