We are at it again! Challenge time! Starting June 2nd Good Cook (sponsor) is running a Kitchen Drawer Contest! You would be able to select items that you would love to add to your Kitchen Drawer and someone will have a chance to win their dream drawer! But more exact details will be posted later. Here are 5 items that I highly recommend adding to your drawer:
- SMART Ice Cream Scope: Release the perfect scoop of ice cream with this non stick ice cream scope. I love using this and it is easy for my kids to use to help get out their ice cream.
- Flip Measuring Spoon (pictured Right): This is really 4 spoons in one. You have the 1 tsp and 1 tbsp on one side. Push in the yellow part and flip over and you have the 1/2 tsp and 1/2 tbsp on the other! Pure genius went into this and I know use it pretty much on 100% of my recipes!
- Safe Cut Can Opener: I honestly have not had to use this yet, but it cuts open cans with out leaving a sharp edge. This will be nice as my kids are always wanting to help open cans but I am always afraid they will cut themselves on the tops.
- Egg Seperator: Perfect for those recipes that require you to use just the whites or just the yolks. It sits on the edge of a bowl and gently does the work for you- no more shifting back and forth with the shells!
- Pot Clip Holder: No more taking up stove space with handles and saves the clean up! Just put the holder on the pot and slip your spoon through it!
Now my challenge was to create a one pot dish or a “diner” dish using some of these tools. Honestly I have been ill and for some reason the only thing that sounds good to me is Potato Salad. I don’t know why it just does. And really- it is summer time. Potato Salad is the must have for every BBQ get together right? So I grabbed my Good Cook gear (I used more then just what is above) and I whipped up some potato salad. For these I recommend using the flip measuring spoon and my kids had fun getting the perfect serving with the Smart Ice Cream Scope. Now, I do add one thing different to my potato salad and that is bacon. We love bacon in our salad. It gives it a nice unique flavor!
Below you will find the Bacon Potato Salad Recipe. I have also added a list of other great recipes below that. Be sure to check them out then come back June 2nd for the official kick off of the Kitchen Drawer event where I will show you the 15 items I think should be in every kitchen drawer!
Easy Bacon Potato Salad #goodcookcom
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Number of servings: 6
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 boiled eggs diced
- 1/2 cup-1 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 2-3 slices of bacon crumbled
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder*
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin*
- 1/2 tbsp paprika*
- *may use more or less to taste
- In a large pot boil the potatoes until they are just tender. Drain and let cool for at least one hour.
- In a bowl mix together eggs, potatoes, and bacon.
- Starting with 1/2 a cup of mayo and the 1tbsp mustard: mix in with the potatoes. May need to add more mayo depending on the size and amount of potatoes you used.
- Add in garlic poswer, cumin and paprika and mix well. Serve immediately or let chill for a bit longer.
~I received the above 5 items in order to write a review and to create a recipe. I am also going to be receiving more kitchen items in exchange for promoting their Kitchen Drawer Event. No other compensation was exchanged. The above thoughts are my own and honest opinions.~