We love salmon in our house and I am always looking for good healthy ways to cook it. First my disclaimer- I am not a culinary person- I don’t think I could actually create a flavor on my own. I tend to combine a bunch of recipes into what works for me and my family. And as you can see my pictures are not “professional” – they are that of an every day mom trying to keep up with her kids.
My meals often reflect that as well when it comes to ease of making. Our salmon is no different- the easier the better. I have said it before and will say it again- just because it is quick doesn’t mean it can’t be healthy!
Ok enough chit chat- this recipe was actually inspired by a bunch of Maple Dijon recipes and a recipe I found in Kraft Food & Family magazine. Some of the recipes uses more maple syrup, some use a whole ground mustard, some a dijon, most is just the fish being cooked in foil. Kraft gave me the idea of cooking a vegetable with it. So with out further talk here is my collaberation of recipes:
One Pan Salmon and Broccoli
What you need:
6 tbsp Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette
4 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp Stone Ground Mustard
4 tsp rosemary
3 cups of broccoli
4 skinless salmon fillets
1. Preheat over to 400. Line a pan with foil and spray with a non stick cooking spray – or olive oil
2. Mix the vinaigrette, maple syrup, stone ground mustard, and rosemary in a bowl.
3. Take about 4 tbsp of the dressing and toss with the broccoli. Spread out on the pan and bake for about 15 minutes.
4. shift the broccoli to one side of the pan and lay out the 4 salmon fillets. Cover with remaining dressing. Bake for about 15 more minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork
Serve with some rice- or Red Lobster now sells their Cheddar Bay Biscuits in a mix. I highly recommend picking up a box of those to make with it!
One Pan Salmon and Broccoli #recipe
- 6 tbsp Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Stone Ground Mustard
- 4 tbsp rosemary
- 3 cup broccoli
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- Preheat ove to 400, line a pan with foil and spray with non stick spray or grease with olive oil
- Mix together the vinaigrette, maple syrup, stone ground mustard, and rosemary in a bowl
- Spoon about 4 tbsp of mixture onto broccoli and toss to coat. Spread on the pan and bake for about 15 minutes
- Move broccoli to one side of pan and lay out the 4 fillets covering with remaining dressing.Bake another 15 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork
~I am not compensated for the above post. I am a curator for the cocoa exchange- I receive a commission for products sold only. The above thoughts are my own and honest opinions. ~